Visa Information – Internexus Los Angeles
As the newest member of the Internexus family of schools, Internexus Los Angeles is in the process of acquiring all the state and federal approvals necessary to welcome F-1 students. Please check back here for the latest update on our approval status. While we work through this process, we will be offering short term semi-intensive and cultural immersion programming to visitors who wish to add English language classes to their tourist or business visit to California. Please note the current rules about this:
- Our part-time Intensive English Language Programs and Cultural Immersiona Programs are ideal for visitors who wish to add English classes to a leisure or business visit to California.
- It is very important that you understand visa rules before enrolling in any English language course.
- From the US State Department’s website: Aliens whose principal purpose of travel is tourism, but who plan to engage also in a short course of study (less than 18 hours per week) are properly classified for B-2 visas ... An alien enrolling in such a school may be classified B-2 if the purpose of attendance is recreational or avocational.
- As you can see, if you are going to study English during a visa waiver visit or on a B1 or B2 visa, it should be as an addition to a leisure or business visit to the United States.
- Internexus LA’s programs are perfect for anyone wanting to learn English while they explore California as a short-term visitor.
- Our classes are scheduled in the morning, Monday through Thursday. This leaves plenty of time during afternoons, evenings and weekends for discovering the endless recreational and cultural treasures of California. If you wish, our sister travel agency, Explore Beyond Travel, can even help you plan your entire visit.
- Please feel free to contact us if you have questions about studying during a visa waiver visit or on a B1 or B2 visa.
- Finally, since our programming is part-time and is designed for visitors who wish to include it as part of their visit to the United States, we do not sponsor F-1 students at this time.